AMA Community Centre is partnering with the Ottawa Hospital, CHEO, Ottawa Public Health, and Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre to facilitate COVID-19 testing in our local community.
We will be hosting COVID-19 Pop-Up Testing Site at the AMA Community Centre as a temporary out-of-hospital clinic where people will be assessed by a health-care provider and tested for COVID-19 if required.
The launch of this testing centre is a natural progression of the COVID-19 relief efforts that AMA spearheaded at the start of the pandemic last year. Since then we have continued to work with multiple partners to provide relief support across the city.
The Sawmill Creek neighbourhood has been hit hard by COVID-19 with a high number of cases. There is a population of newcomers, immigrants, and other residents whose first language is not English that are living there. This one of many reasons why AMA provides services to this community in a culturally relevant manner to cater to their diverse needs, including the launch of this testing centre which is within walking distance to Sawmill Creek.
AMA is contributing to this partnership via:
- Providing our 10,000 sq. ft. community hall to be used as a Testing Site each Tuesday & Thursday.
- Working with OPH & EORC to hand out flyers over 3 days in the Sawmill-Creek neighbourhood to promote the clinics. These flyers will have information in English, French, Somali, and Arabic to cover the major languages spoken by residents in AMA’s surrounding catchment.
- Informing 3,000+ community members via our email newsletter about the testing clinic.
The details for the upcoming test clinics at our Centre (1216 Hunt Club Rd) are as follows:
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 8:00 AM to 12 noon
- Thursday, Feb. 25 from from 8:00 AM to 12 noon
- Followed by every Tuesday & Thursday at these same hours (8 AM – 12 noon)
Residents can book an appointment by calling 613-737-8193, however, same-day just in time arrivals can also be accommodated.
If you need to cancel your appointment, you may do so by calling 613-737-8193. You don’t need to have an OHIP card to be tested, but if you have one, please bring it.